16. How to install HTMLy via Softaculous in cPanel?
- Sign in to your cPanel account.
- Click ‘Softaculous app installer’ present under ‘Software’ menu
- You will see a softaculous interface
- Now on the left area of your screen, you will simply locate the “Blogs” category. Click on this, and then click on “HTMLy” that will appear.
- Click on ‘install’ button
- Fill out all the essential fields under ‘software setup’
- Choose Protocol: Leave the field as it is.
- Choose Domain: If you are not using domains, leave it also
- In Directory: If you need to install this in the directory, for instance, example.com/directory, enter the name of your directory. Otherwise, leave it blank as well, and then install this in the main domain example.com
- Check for “Admin Account” and enter the below details:
- Admin name: Add new HTMLy username (do not use admin for security purposes)
- Admin Password: Create a strong password.
- Admin Email: Enter email address
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your HTMLy blog.
- Choose the language of your blog, the default language of HTMLy blog is English
- Advanced options: Leave it like that, unless you are looking to change the name of your database, or taking an automated backup. Also, please note that taking plenty of backups can utilize a lot of space.
Finally, get to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Install’ button