How to generate a backup of your cPanel account?
- Sign in to your cPanel account.
- Click the ‘backup’ option in the files section.
- Click on the “download a full website backup” button present under ‘full backup’.
- You will find a drop-down menu, where you need to select a backup destination to ‘Remote FTP server’ and then add your email address so that you get a notification after completing the backup.
Remote Server: FTP IP address or FTP domain name like ftp.example.com,
Remote User: Your FTP Username
Remote Password: Your FTP Password
Port: 21 or other FTP Port
Remote Dir: Remote Directory like /home/username/backupfolder/
- After filling the remote FTP details, choose ‘generate backup button’