How to install Ghost via Softaculous in cPanel?
- Sign in to your cPanel account.
- Click ‘Softaculous app installer’ present under ‘Software’ menu
- You will see a softaculous interface
- Now on the left area of your screen, you will simply locate the “Blogs” category. Click on this, and then click on “Ghost” that will appear.
- Click on the ‘Install’ button
- Fill out all the essential fields under ‘software setup’
- Choose Protocol:Leave the field as it is.
- Choose Domain:If you are not using domains, leave it also
- In Directory:If you need to install this in the directory, for instance example.com/directory, enter the name of your directory. Otherwise, leave it blank as well, and then install this in the main domain example.com
- Data directory: leave it like this
- Cron job: Leave it like this
Advanced options: Leave it like that, unless you are looking to change the name of your database, or taking an automated backup. Also, please note that taking plenty of backups can utilize a lot of space.
Finally, get to the bottom of the page and click on the ‘Install’ button