HOW TO INSTALL PHPBB FORUM THROUGH SOFTACULOUS IN YOUR SITEWORX?
- Sign-in to your SiteWork account.
- Right under the “SiteWorx Menu” > “Hosting Features”.
- Select the “Softaculous” option.
- SiteWork will redirect you to the Softaculous interface.
- Navigate to “Forums” at the left side of your screen, click on it, “phpBB” link will appear, again, click on it.
- Finally, tap on the “Install” button.
- Now, write all the appropriate information in the relevant fields:
- Choose Protocol: leave this as it is.
- Choose Domain: leave this as it is. You will only need to make changes If you have multiple domains.
- In Directory: If you want to install this in a directory, like testdomain.com/forums, enter the directory name. Else, leave this blank to install in your main domain testdomain.com
- Write all the appropriate information in the “Board Settings” field:
- Board Name: Name of the forum
- Site Description: Site Description
- Board E-mail: The forums e-mail address.
- Write all the appropriate information under the “Admin Account” field:
- Admin Username: Your new phpBB username (Avoid using “Administrator” or the “Admin” username).
- Admin Password: Type strong password.
- Admin Email: Write your e-mail address.
Note: Remember your admin username and password or copy that on a notepad as you will be required to add these login details for the access of the admin area of your phpBB.
- Choose the language of your choice in the “Language” filed.
- You can choose your native language. English is by-default.
- Advanced Options: Again, leave it as it is. In case, you want to edit the Database name or you require an automatic backup, you may need to make changes.
Remember: Creating many backups will have most of the disk space.
- At the end of your screen, click on the “install” button.