How would you manually install your OS using SolusVM for customized installation?
The SolusVM Automatic Reinstall wouldn’t allow you to change or create a custom partition but it’s possible to manually install your OS by performing these steps:
- Sign in to your SolusVM Control Panel.
- If you have different kinds of VPS, choose the suitable one.
- Scroll down further, and check the ‘settings’ tab, change the order to CD ROM, and Hard disk.
- Select the “CDRom” field and if you see that the CD-ROM has been already mounted, then click on unmounts. After that, choose your operating system and click on “Mount”
- Reboot the VPS by choosing “Reboot“, and then you will see a confirmation window. Click ‘yes’ on it
- Quickly click ‘VNC’
- The new page will open quickly and then click on the ‘Java VNC client’ or on the ‘VNC’ button.
- Click “Ok” or enter “Continue” and you will see a “Security Warning“. If it seems Ok, then accept and click the ‘run’ button.
- OS will ask you to “Press any button to start OS Installation” while booting. Press any key on the keyboard and then your OS Installation/Reinstallation would begin. It would show you an option like “Install OS”, “Test this media”. For OS Installation/Reinstallation, you can select “Install OS” and hit enter.
Once the installation begins while setting up the OS and asks you to create partitions, set-root/admin passwords, etc.
After the installation is complete, don”t forget to set your VPS Boot Order to “(1) Hard Disk (2) CDROM“, otherwise it will reboot your VPS and start in installation mode, instead of normal mode.